June 8, 2010 – Purepoint Uranium Group Inc. (TSX:PTU.V) reported today that it has completed an airborne electromagnetic survey and initial interpretation of its 100% owned Henday Block Project in Saskatchewan Canada’s Athabasca Basin. The primary claims are located nine kilometres northwest of Areva’s Midwest Lake deposit (41 million lbs. U3O8).
The helicopter-borne VTEM35 survey was carried out by Geotech Ltd. and provided detailed magnetic and electromagnetic data of the entire Henday Block Project. “The VTEM data shows that the primary historic EM conductor is actually two parallel conductors separated by 200 to 300 metres” said Roger Watson, Chief Geophysicist of Purepoint Uranium Group Inc. “These conductors represent highly attractive targets as they overlie a magnetic low anomaly that may be a favourable alteration zone.”
Henday Block Highlights:
- Newly defined EM conductors are on trend with an interpreted East-West alteration corridor that hosts neighbouring Fission Corp’s new J-Zone as well as Hathor Exploration Limited’s Roughrider Deposit and their newly discovered Roughrider East Zone;
- 7.5 km of EM conductors outlined by new VTEM survey whereas historic conductors only totaled 2.9 km;
- Two strong, parallel, East-West trending EM conductors are associated with a favourable magnetic low and remain untested;
- Single historic drill hole on Henday Block is now interpreted to have tested a weak to moderate strength conductor;
- The depth to basement is known to be locally less than 350 metres.
The 100% owned Henday Block property is 1,752 hectares in size. The only historic drill hole on the Henday Block, HLH8-71, was drilled by Cogema Resources in 1998.
Purepoint Uranium Group Inc. is focused on the precision exploration of more than 55 defined target areas on its eight 100% owned projects in the Canadian Athabasca Basin, and its two Basin projects joint ventured with Cameco Corporation and AREVA Resources Canada Inc. Established in the Basin well before the resurgence in uranium, Purepoint is actively advancing this large portfolio of multiple drill targets in the world’s richest uranium region.
Scott Frostad BSc, MASc, PGeo, Purepoint’s Vice President, Exploration, is the Qualified Person responsible for technical content of this release.
THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE HAS NOT REVIEWED AND DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
For further information please contact:
Purepoint Uranium Group Inc.
Chris Frostad, President and CEO